Today is November 11th. The day that our country has chosen to stop and remember all the Veterans who have served to keep our country free. Today, all across our nation, people will be honoring and celebrating our Veterans, finding ways to remember those who have fallen in service, those who made it home, and those who are still actively serving right now.
At Big Splash Car Wash with locations in Kansas City and Overland Park, we demonstrate many values and noteworthy attributes every day. Perhaps none more important than service. To know that we have an outstanding group of people who truly know what service is all about working alongside of us brings a certain amount of pride that we all can take part in.
Each year on November 11th, car washes around the US join together to provide free car washes to our Veterans and Active Military through the program “Grace for Vets”. Big Splash Car Wash is proud to participate in this tradition today by giving our top wash, the Tsunami Splash ($18 value), to all customers who present a valid ID showing current or former US military service.
Today, The National WWI Museum and Memorial in Kansas City, MO is giving free admission to all Veterans and active duty military personnel, and admission for the general public is half-price all weekend (Friday-Sunday, Nov. 11-13). See additional information below where a Veteran can find a friendly smile and additional benefits from those wishing to say “Thank You!”
If you are wondering what you can do to show a Veteran your appreciation, here are 10 things you can consider
1. Give a Veteran a ride: Disabled American Veterans
2. Donate frequent flier miles: The Fisher House Foundation
3. Sponsor a companion dog for veterans with PTSD: Puppies Behind Bars
4. Help build a home for a vet: Building Homes for Heroes
5. Help connect a vet to a recovery program like “Stand Down”: VA Medical Center Directory
6. Send a care package or letter to those still serving: Operation Gratitude
7. Volunteer to help a Vet take a flight: The Honor Flight Network
8. Volunteer at your local Veterans Hospital: Kansas City VA Medical Center
9. Share their stories: Veterans History Project
10. Just say thank you to one of them working right beside you
Thank you for the choice, the commitment and the sacrifices you made to serve our great Nation!