Some car owners wash their car daily while others don’t wash their vehicle until a stranger scratches the words, “PLEASE WASH ME”, into the pollen, dust and mud that is caked on their car’s exterior. The goal of washing your car is to keep it in excellent condition by maintaining its appearance and protecting its’ resale/trade-in value.
Washing your car is extremely important. It prevents contaminants like dust, dirt, pollen, tree sap, bug guts, salt, air-borne pollutants from adhering to your vehicle. Many auto detailing and car experts recommend washing your car once a week to successfully prevent contaminants from damaging your paint and finish. You may worry that it is too expensive to wash your car every week. However, more and more commercial car washes offer unlimited wash deals for an affordable monthly fee.
If you do not have time to wash your car every week or need to be more budget conscious, then use the guidelines below to help you decide how often to wash your vehicle.
1. Location – Where do you live? Are your near industrial areas, oceans, areas with a lot of trees, construction sites or regions with a lot of bugs and insects? Is there a lot of dust? Are you in an urban area with a lot of pigeons?
2. Frequency and Distance of Your Drive – What is your daily route to work like? The more you drive your car, the more it is exposed to dirt, dust, mud, bugs and other environmental threats to your paints and finish.
3. Weather – What kind of weather is your car exposed to on a daily basis? Heavy rains, sun, heat, cold, snow, heavy winds, salt? Is there acid rain?
4. Storage of Your Vehicle – Do you store your car in a closed garage? Do you park your truck or car in the drive way? Do you keep your car parked on the street? Is it parked under trees?
5. Car’s Appearance – Do you prefer for your car to look showroom shiny? Do you enjoy driving a clean car? Do you take pride in driving a well-kept car?
Exterior car washing and waxing your car keeps it clean, and more importantly protects your car from everyday environmental threats. Ultimately, you are protecting your car from etching, discoloration, fading, rusting and more by taking it to an automatic car wash on a regular basis.
Visit your local Big Splash Car Wash in Kansas City and Overland Park Car Wash and we will take care of your car washing needs! Our Unlimited Wash Membership saves you money if you wash at least 2-3 times per month.